Sunday, November 25, 2007

Blogging is for poor people...

...or for people with more time than I've had lately. Or more time to actually do things like, you know, write about what's going on in my life.

Truth is, I've been a bit under most peoples' radar. On purpose. I mean, I deleted my Myspace in order to get away from, well, everyone.

Why? Well, essentially the past couple of months have been, in a word, dark. I've done a relatively good job of putting up appearances for everyone, even those nearest and dearest to me. But eventually, the walls come crashing down, something has to give, and you end up at the bottom of a well looking towards what you hope is a shaft of light.

I attribute a lot of it to the second year of training here at grad school. The training has been intense, and the emotional "well" has been stirred up quite a bit lately. Every single thing I've been hiding, ignoring, or regretting in my life has been bubbling up--therefore every single thing that may remind me of anything that I have been hiding, ignoring, or regretting in my life has been taking its toll.

Yep. I have some shit. I suppose that's why I'm an actor. Hooray for cliches.

I won't go into the things that have been weighing me down. We'll talk about them freely if I see any of you in person in the future. What I will go into is that I am at least aware of my flaws, my problems, and my burgeoning neurosis...and that will only help me be healthier and happier in the long run. And I'm also pretty sure that it'll help my acting and writing to deepen...it's all a matter of letting the time go by at its own rate to let that maturity happen.

There is a special providence in the fall of a sparrow. And an even grander providence in that sparrow rising again.

At least, I hope so.

Blessings,

J

No comments: