Tuesday, December 11, 2007

J Matt's Winter Vacation, Day 2/Day 3 Begins.

Whew.

Made it to Santa Fe.

Day two was spent driving through The Last Great Midwestern Ice Storm, 2007.

Yeah. Good times.

A common theme along the road was my screaming "Ohhhhhh.....SHIT!" and swerving.

A Video Sampling:





Another common theme was the countless big rigs that were sliding, flipping, and jack-knifing all over the place.

Not cool, man. Not cool.

And as for Oklahoma and northern Texas, well, this speaks for itself:



However, 11 hours after leaving Tulsa, OK, I have arrived. And Santa Fe is great.

I wandered around the plaza last night, and found a cool little restaurant called "The Shed", and had the hottest yet most flavorful enchiladas I have ever had. No joke. Even started taking notes/roughing out a draft for an indie film. We'll see where it goes.

Then I went back to my aunt and uncle's vacation home and promptly passed out after reading a chapter in "The Sun Also Rises", by my man Hemingway.

And today I woke up to this:





Yeah. It's gonna be a good trip. : )

No comments: